The objective of the scholarship is to further students’ interest in the property/casualty actuarial profession and to encourage the pursuit of the CAS designations.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP:
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of individual merit. The MAF Scholarship Program will award up to two scholarships to deserving students for the 2016-2017 academic year. Both will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY – You must meet all requirements to be considered
- Must submit all sections of the MAF Scholarship application by June 15th, 2016
- Currently attending a U.S. college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full time student at a U.S. college or university in the 2016-2017 academic year
- Applicants must have sat for at least one actuarial exam by April of 2016
- Must be a member of CAS Student Central (Join here for free: CASstudentcentral.org)
- Preference will be given to residents or those attending schools in one of the Midwest States (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio or Wisconsin)
- Applicants should demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
You must submit the following:
The four page MAF Scholarship application and attached essay.
One letter of recommendation included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Separate letters must be submitted and accompanied by the recommendation forms included. Only one recommendation letter will be considered.
A current official transcript.
*Incomplete applications will be disqualified without any consideration to partial information received.
Completed applications are due by June 15th, 2016. You will be notified of award decisions by July 31st, 2016. Applications are available from MAF or online at the MAF website at http://www.casact.org/community/affiliates/maf/.
For further information contact:
MAF Education Officer
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Dr. Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203