When I decided that I wanted to pursue actuarial science back in 2006, student resources were scarce and expensive. In fact, I was the one that told my professor that the first exam was no longer calculus (and hadn’t been since 1999). Now, thanks to CAS Student Central, there are tons of FREE resources out there for aspiring actuaries.
Are you making the most out of your membership? Here is a snapshot of what CAS Student Central provides to its members, through its FREE membership program!
- Practice exams for exams P and FM through our partnership with The Infinite Actuary
- Scholarship opportunities including the CAS Trust Scholarship
- Online career center with access to P&C internships
- Webinars so that you can learn more about important topics - from career advice to technical training
- Predictive modeling software that you can use to gain hands-on experience through our partnership with Gross Consulting
- Online community with tons of resources to help you learn more about the field
- In-person networking events where you can meet CAS actuaries
Check out CASstudentcentral.org today to take full advantage of your membership!
Have an idea of a new service we should offer? Leave a comment below or email CASstudentcentral@casact.org to provide your input!
About Author: Meghan Goldfarb, FCAS, MAAA, CPCU, MBA, CSPA is Chair of the CAS Student Central Program. She works as Architecture Director-Business in the Enterprise Technology Department at State Farm