Welcome to the CAS Online Community!
STEPHEN LOWE, PRESIDENT
One of the goals in the CAS Strategic Plan is focused on Community. The Plan specifically calls for the CAS to establish new networking vehicles to improve the connectivity of our members as well as current and potential candidates. This new online tool is designed to do exactly that.
As a starting point, I encourage you to review and update your member profile, which is now able to accommodate additional details about your professional life. Please note that the CAS membership directory will be powered through the online community.
CAS Volunteers will find the online community to be a powerful tool to facilitate committee work as all CAS committees and task forces have an established community within this site. Beyond committees and special interest sections, we welcome your ideas for new communities of like-minded members that we can establish to help you build and maintain connections with your colleagues.
Community has been and will continue to be a core value of the CAS. We value the membership community and the relationships formed through professional and volunteer activities. Become an active participant in the CAS Online Community and help us build on that tradition.
Learn About Our Communities
The CAS Community encompasses not only volunteer opportunities but there are many other ways to become a part of the larger CAS Community.
- Volunteering – Volunteers are the lifeblood of the CAS. Through their many activities, volunteers essentially direct all phases of CAS operations.
- Regional Affiliates – Regional actuarial organizations are affiliated with the CAS, and focus on geographic regions, as defined by their Constitutions and Bylaws. There is currently a total of 17 regional affiliates.
- Special Interest Sections – Designed for members of the CAS to organize the study and discussion of their common functional and/or professional interests and to contribute information on these interests to the actuarial profession through special meetings, seminars, and research projects.
- Committee Directory – A comprehensive listing of all the currently active Committees within the CAS.
- Academic Community – Interested in becoming a University Liaison or an Academic Correspondent? Or Applying for the CAS Trust Scholarship Program?
- Global Connections – The CAS is a global organization with members in more than 25 countries around the world.
- Social Media – Connect with the CAS through Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Discussion Groups – Open discussions on CAS topics, exam studygroups, and publications.